Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog When Ball Meets Foot, which is about – you guessed it – football!

For as long as I remember I have been obsessed with sport, probably the best example of this being the fact I was able to verbally give the total number of points scored for quite complicated Australian rules scores before I could even count or write (I have been assured by psychologists that this is quite weird!).

As an Australian based in Sweden with a lot of football channels to get me through the winter here, I will be writing articles on football (soccer), as well as keeping a close eye on all the Australian players based over here in Europe. From time to time, I’ll be writing articles on Australian rules football and American football too, even though I don’t watch them as much nowadays (thank God for the internet…).

Every so often I plan to have guest writers. My good friend Martin Cassidy based in Melbourne will write about soccer, especially The Socceroos and the Australian A-League, while I’m hoping that another good friend and Sports Psychologist Andrew “Alright” Mills who is based in England and has worked with a Premier League club will contribute some of his vast knowledge to When Ball Meets Foot. I will also hopefully get some Swedish friends here to write on the Swedish league as my grasp of the language hasn’t allowed me to get right into it yet.

Anyway, check the blog regularly, or better still, bookmark it as I plan to have good quality opinion pieces on it for your reading pleasure very often. It goes without saying that I would welcome any comment on the articles.

See ya,

Vinnie

No comments: